Broadcom 6345 Linux distribution
- Project Description
The objective of the project is to provide a flexible, full working Linux distribution for Broadcom 6435 chip based routers (some examples are US Robotics 9105/9106, Siemens SE515, Dynalink RTA230, Buffalo WMR-G54 Inventel DW 200 and TCom Sinus 1054 DSL). If you own a different router and you think it has a Broadcom 6345 chip, please, let us know (see Contact section below).
All routers are quite cheap and come with Linux preinstalled. Some of the 6435 chip features are MIPS32® processor with MMU, a PCMCIA host, a 1.1 USB interface and a UART.
We didn't still make any release. The more you help us, the sooner we'll make the first release. This is a free software project :)
- What has already been done
- Tools to split/build firmware files to/from its different parts (bootloader, filesystem image and kernel image)
- LZMA patches for cramfs tools (Broadcom modified kernel supports LZMA compression)
- Example of USR9106 firmware modification. A ssh daemon was added to the firmware. We are not responsible of the possible damage this firmware can cause to your hardware.
- Contributing and contacting us
If you want to contribute to the project (web developing, coding, site administration, hardware donations ... ) or contact us please subscribe to the brcm6345-linux-devel mailing list
- Important Notes
- We are in no way associated with other software or hardware manufacturer mentioned on this website unless expressed explicitly.
- All trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Last modified: Wed Mar 2 19:33:07 CET 2005